The Association of Telecommunications Companies of Nigeria (ATCON) is a professional, non-profit, non-political umbrella organization of telecommunications companies of Nigeria.
ATCON was formally inaugurated on December 10, 1993, with a membership profile made up of indigenous and multinational telecommunications companies operating in Nigeria. Membership of the Association has since inauguration grown to 100 companies.
Please download a copy of our constitutions here
Aims and Objectives of the Association
- Bring together under one umbrella all companies in the field of telecommunications and auxiliary services for the purposes of sharing industry information, networking, associating and otherwise enhancing the stature and relevance of the telecommunications industry.
- Actively promote organized private sector participation in the development and expansion of the nation’s telecommunications infrastructure.
- Act as a forum for members to network and share their expertise and knowledge.
- Promote the interest of the Association and its members.
- Facilitate cordial relations between members, and Government or such other bodies or organs of Government with responsibilities for and regulating the telecommunications industry.
- Observe, highlight, address, inform educate and proffer legislative and administrative measures that may either directly or indirectly affect the interest of the Association and its members.
- Act as an effective forum for the articulation and development of appropriate policies, regulations and law on telecommunications.
- Maintain the highest standard of professional and technical conduct in the sector.
- Advice members on appropriate training programmes for personnel engaged in the industry.
- Assist it members and Government in evolving progressive policies, regulations and legislative instruments to the benefit of the members, the industry and the consumer of telecommunications services.
- Keep its members informed about local and global development within the industry.
- Encourage the utilization of local manpower and material resources.
- Promote fair competition in the provision of telecommunications services.
- Foster international alliance with foreign associations sharing the Associations ideals, aims and objectives.
- Promote good relations between members and the consumers, consumer associations, and the wider public.
- Provide requisite support to Government for the implementation of international treaties and agreements as they affect the telecommunications industry.
- Represent the interest of and act as the voice of members publicly and in private dealings with Government.
- Organise opportunities for information dissemination through international conferences, seminars, workshops and exhibitions